PEFC – Belarus
Belarusian Association of the Forest Certification System (BAFCS) was created in July 2005 upon initiative of the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus in order to develop and implement common policy in the field of forest certification; to increase level of forest management; to develop international cooperation within the frames of the Pan-European process. Founders of the Association are Minsk Regional Forest Board and “Belarus Society of Foresters”.
In October 2005 General Assembly of PEFC Council adopted positive decision on inclusion of Belarusian Association of the Forest Certification System into the members of PEFC Council.
In 2006 Belarus Association of Forest Certification System (BAFCS) was renamed to Republican Association of Forest Certification System (RAFCS) on the basis of decision of Minsk state authority. More than 90 institutions and organizations are members of the RAFCS.
RAFCS represents National forest certification system of the Republic of Belarus in the PEFC Council.
Belarusian Association of the Forest Certification System is a non-profitable organization; it is association uniting stakeholders in the field of improvement of quality of forest management, forest utilization and forest resources; expansion of export possibilities and increase of competitiveness of forest products produced by local enterprises; it also unites organizations which are obliged for forest management by the state, enterprises of forest industry, research organizations and training institutions, non-governmental public organizations.
Association supports objectives and principles stated in the Statutes of International Organization “Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes (PEFC Council).
Objectives of the Association are as follows:
- coordination, development and future implementation of forest certification;
- facilitation of achievement of the goals and implementation of the main tasks of forest certification in the Republic of Belarus;
- integration of the Republic of Belarus into Pan-European forest certification system through inclusion into the members of PEFC Council;
- representation of national forest certification system in the PEFC Council.
Governing bodies of the Association are: Assembly of members of Association, Steering Board and Executive Director.
Assembly of members of Association is the highest body of the Association.
Existing members of Association are the following:
- Republican Committee of Belarus Trade Union of Forest Workers;
- Public Organization “Belarus Society of Foresters”;
- Institute of Experimental Botany of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus;
- Forest Inventory Republican Unitary Enterprise “Belgosles”;
- Project and Research Republican Unitary Enterprise ‘Belgiproles”;
- Unitary Enterprise “Belarus Forest Newspaper”;
- Public Organization “Belarus Botanical Society”;
- State Training Institution “Republican Training Center in Training, Re-training and Improvement of Skills of Forestry Manpower”;
- Export and Production Republican Unitary Enterprise “Bellesexport”;
- Brest Regional Forest Board;
- Vitebsk Regional Forest Board;
- Gomel Regional Forest Board;
- Grodno Regional Forest Board;
- Minsk Regional Forest Board;
- Mogilev Regional Forest Board;
- 95 state forestry institutions (forestry).
Chairman of PAFSC is Professor of BSTU, candidate of agricultural Sciences Zorin Valentin, phone +375 (17) 277-00-37.
Executive Director PAFSC – Dubkov Valery, phone: +375 (017) 277-00-37, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAFSC legal address: 220089, Minsk, Zheleznodorozhnaya St., 27, Minsk, Belarus.
phone/fax: +375 (17) 277-00-37.